Welcome to Year 5. It was a shock to the system for all of us, teachers and pupils alike, to find that the holidays were over and we had to get back into routine! We’ve all got a bit to get used to as it’s a new classroom for the children and for me but I’ve been impressed this week with the behaviour in class and the smart lining up on the playground – the only class who lined up beautifully without any reminders, so well done Year 5!
We’ve had a lovely few days getting back into the swing of things and creating some pieces for our class book. We’ve also completed an arithmetic test and a spelling test and spent some time researching our class saint – St Cecilia.
This morning Year 5 led the whole school for the beginning of term Mass and they did a wonderful job, really setting the standard for the rest of the school to follow. Their behaviour was excellent, the readers were loud and clear and I could definitely hear Year 5 leading the singing. Well done to all the children.
Just to finish off, here are a couple of reminders:
- all children should by now have their indoor shoes in school
- PE kit needs to be in school by Monday; this half term PE kit is shorts, t-shirts, trainers and PE sweatshirt
- please send in an art apron or a big, old t-shirt/shirt for art and DT lessons. Please bear in mind that if it’s an old shirt or t-shirt it needs to be big enough to go over uniform and cover it
- no jewellery or nail varnish should be worn to school other than simple stud earrings or watches
- all children need a pencil case and these must be clear and non-coloured
- please ensure that all belongings are clearly labelled with your child’s name
I look forward to seeing you all at our Meet the Teacher, which will be on Tuesday at 3.20pm.