Parent Voice Meetings
Thursday 3rd May 2018
Mrs O’Connor, N/Mrs Mangan , 2/Ms Concannon, R/Mrs Nash, Mrs Corelli, 4/Ms Brennen, 6/Mrs Piazza, 5/Mrs Grasso
Apologies : 3/Mrs Brown , 1/Mrs Vinci
- Class News not consistently posted in Nursery, Reception, Year 5.
- Nursery children to Reception – are they wearing uniform or will they have an EYFS uniform? – They will wear uniform.
- Does Nursery need two adults out in order for children to go on castle? – No 1 adult is enough.
- Consider more adults in N with higher numbers
- Could we consider 9-12pm nursery ?- Would this encourage more parents?
- Reception workshops are still fantastic and an opportunity to see the teacher/team
- Paint on summer dresses – could they be encouraged to wear an apron – could parents provide shirt or apron?
- Parent volunteers – if teachers need any for any reason in class or visits could they dojo? – yes and there will be a volunteer list in the entrance to the school office.
- Volunteers for trips and events is good but could they be rotated so the same parents don’t go on everything.
- Events and themed days are a fantastic opportunity
- Arty club – chn disappointed when not chosen considering 90 children could apply – could we continue running so all applied get a chance – yes continue summer 2 with new group and Autumn
- Will there be a reception trip? – Yes Rec and year 1 to the zoo – info to follow
- Reception assembly is Friday 22nd June
- Year 1 chn very happy
- Year 1 – homework out on Fridays – should this be the case? – no homework will go out Thursday as policy states
- Year 1 spellings – could they be sent home?
- Some parents feel that homework shouldn’t be given during holiday time – teachers will consider more active learning type homework’s as family time and exposure to hands on experiences is always more beneficial.
- Year very happy with Miss Entwisle
- Year 4, 5 and Year 6 booster loved Mr Gorton’s maths teaching
- Will year 5 be having a maths booster? – Yes after Half term – Mr Gorton and Mrs O’Dowd will involve Year 5
- Bike ability is fantastic – Year 6 was questioned but this is due to timings available and SATs.
- Year 5 missing the Royal Wedding – they will have treats on retreat or the week after.
- Year 5 retreat excellent opportunity and Year 4 sleepover – thank you!
- Uniform – please consider a different summer uniform for upper KS 2 girls due to sizing and very self-conscious with regard to see through uniforms and the possibility of other issues considered – could girls wear yellow polo shirt and a skirt in KS 2? – !e will discuss!!!!
- Consider larger sizing in polo shirts and jumpers from our supplier
- Class photo Year 6 – will they have another individual picture?
- For future Year 6 year books we will need to look at resolution as iPad photos not always useful.
- Office staff praised by Year 6 and restructuring working well
- Parent pay going well.
- Children reading in class – some children read daily but all children will read at least twice a week – this needs to be happening and reading records stamped signed in all classes
- Would we consider a communion party in school? – As part of year 3 class mass we had planned on inviting children to wear their communion clothes and they will have refreshments.
- Some classes are not out on time – can you ensure that you pack up and allow enogh time – Year 4 and Year 3.