What a fantastic week we have had in Nursery. Our new topic, Superheroes, is being thoroughly enjoyed by everyone! Our story this week was ‘Superhero Hotel’ by Abie Longstaff. We used the construction equipment to make our own hotel for superheroes and used stick puppets to role play the story. We are now looking at a book when we come into Nursery, choosing our favourite page and explaining what we like about it, all of which develops our communication and literacy skills. Our sound of the week was ‘n’ and our sound next week will be ‘m’.
We practised our cutting and sticking skills by making our own cone superheroes and in maths, we began look at adding two single digit numbers together. The children were able to do it very well so please do practise at home with two small groups of objects, count each group out then ask how many they have ‘altogether’. Please do keep practising counting to 10/20 and number recognition. We are reinforcing this daily in Nursery but anything you can do at home all helps to support their learning!
In our outdoor area we have changed around a few things and are creating our very own garden area. We have already potted some plants, which the children have been eagerly taking care of and watering, although I think the flowers have been more than ‘taken care of’ today! I don’t think the rain has stopped at all!
Here’s just a few upcoming reminders:
- Nursery will be used as a polling station on Thursday 3rd May so will be closed.
- As you may have seen on the website the sponsored bounce has been postponed until Friday 4th May.
- Nursery and Reception will be going to mass on 11th May for 10am and we would appreciate any parent walker volunteers. So if you are available please do let myself or Mrs Gilliam know.
- Please ensure you have returned your GDPR consent form (it’s a yellow sheet). The deadline is 4th May and these must be returned. If you need another copy please let me know.
- Allocation letters for Reception also need to be returned as soon as possible.
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you all on Monday.