Parent Voice Meetings
Thursday 11th January 2018
Mrs O’Connor, N/Mrs Mangan(Jonny’s Mum) 1/Mrs Vinci(Isabella’s Mum), 2/Ms Concannon (Niamh’s Mum), R/Mrs Nash (Esme’s Mum), Mrs Corelli (Alessia’s Mum),
4/Kelly Brennen (Evie’s mum), 6/Mrs Piazza (Elisa’s mum).
Apologies : 5/Mrs Grasso (Luca’s Mum), 6/Mrs O’Brien (Noah’s Mum), 3/Mrs Brown (Dylan’s Mum)
1. .Welcome & Happy new year
2. Menu choices – can you encourage parents to take note of menu choices and discuss with their children.
3. Year mid year data to come out Monday as we discussed in the last meeting
4. Swimming – could the school consider walking to save money on coaches? – we have but due to the time slot we would still be late and it is quicker.
5. TA changes – could parents have been communicated with regarding these changes were happening as chn have been upset and parents need to be aware when it is impacting on chn.
6. It is felt that nursery parents are possibly still unaware.
7. At times in reception there is only one adult to welcome the children and sometimes parents even have to bring the children in. Shouldn’t there be two especially at key times like this?
8. Ratio on rec – 31:2 (This was addressed with the diocese – if this continues to be questioned then please contact Mr Gorton)
9. Could a child with packed lunch opt in for a dessert? Chn on school dinners have a choice of dessert and packed lunch can’t put chocolatey or ice cream desserts in as unhealthy. – We are looking at healthier options throughout anyway and giving further guidance for dinners and packed lunch but this will be checked and fed back.
10. Music lessons – are they available for younger chn? Could we look into and the possibility of even classes eg,Piano after school.
11. Music lessons – if a child is taking up an instrument , could they have a taster term before purchasing the instrument as so expensive if then not pursued
12. Y6 TA who is it? – This was clarified as Mrs Harris and Miss Axon but while Miss Axon is off then Mrs Cina and others will cover
13. Cycling proficiency ?
14. Play time equipment
15. If hard copies of attendance letters can be given why can’t hard copies of trip or other letters be given? Why couldn’t attendance letters be sent via parent mail?
16. School dinners – can packed lunch chn just change to school dinners by getting a band?
17. Photos on class news – year 4 there have been none since September
18. Last Friday of the month – parents to attend celebration assembly
19. Calendar wrong on the website
20. Lexia – adult to be present at all times from 8.30am
21. Mr Gallagher 😉
22. Maths booster in year 5 when are they starting as some have?
23. Year 5 trip – send details of summer trip
24. Year 1 and Rec to go on summer trip
25. If staff leave or pupils can this be shared with the whole school community so we can all be aware and not just specific classes.
26. Spaces in year 5 – will they be filled?
27. Barbican choir event – will parents receive information soon? Are parents invited to attend? Are tickets necessary?
28. A general lack of communication builds up and then effects all and doesn’t show the school in good light which is the view of parent voice and myself (Mrs O’Connor)