Date – Thursday 15th September 2016
Present : Mrs Kelly, Mrs Rooney, Mrs Theodulou, Mrs Athamou, Mrs Wright, Mrs Conaghan, Mrs Hudson
Apologies :Mrs Amorosi (but Mrs Rooney attended for that year)
- What is parent voice?
An opportunity to celebrate our school and ways forward.
- What would you like to see next time?
If any parents would like to see any aspect of our school in action.
- AOB – N/R/1/2/3/4/5/6
- Homework books – parents feel in year 1 they are too big – it was shared that it is a part of the school and consistent across the school and there would be no change.
- Bike rack – could we look at having one more accessible for parents to help children – SLT had discussed the possibility of a bike rack at the front under the tree – we will look into.
- If a child has an individual negative dojo then can parents be messaged – as a school we feel that the child should be able to explain the reason- some in ks1 may not be able to and if it is ongoing teachers do need to communicate with parents the reason.
- If children are standing out on the line at lunch on a regular basis or missing more than one play then can parents be informed.
- Meet the teacher was a success
- Dojo’s being given an additional burst of enthusiasm is helping and some children are looking to gain more.
- Dojo’s need to be consistent in every year group.
- If children are missing golden time then it needs to be for good reason and not because the teacher has forgotten to give dojos – school will monitor
- Some parents still unable to access dojo – new letters to be sent
- Could we have a homework club?
- After school club – are we going to add additional days? – when the letters went out there was only 2/3 parents requesting other days and so a club just wasn’t viable apart from a Wednesday. We will review at half term or Christmas.
- Website – class news to be updated every week – some classes not updated weekly – 3 year groups not uploaded last Friday . some classes don’t have up to date pictures/blurbs and events are completely missed.
- Letters for clubs to go out in advance so that parents are informed before the actual day of the club if their child has a place .
- Health and safety with school tie – we will discuss
- Could nursery polo shirts not have nursery on them so that they could be used in reception due to expense – we will discuss but will need to use our current stock first.
- Lunchtime routines very positive
- Year 6 /7 transition
- Can all classes be dismissed at the correct time?
- Some classes have been told to only have water at lunch/break – in the hot weather children have permission to drink more regularly
- Parent mail and parent pay
- Photograph’s – why can’t parents take pictures when the school can? – explained that we have permission and we can cut those chn out who don’t have permission for various reasons
- BT – set up emails
- BT – set up sign in at entrance that is easier for key members
- Next time – photo’s of PV